ARGO NAVIS MARINE CONSULTING & ENGINEERING has completed the first engineering study for the installation of a BWTS on board a 52.000 DWT bulk carrier…
We have been invited by Messrs. EQUINOX MARITIME LTD. to attend M/V EQUINOX DAWN in the port of Thessaloniki, in order to perform an on-board inspection and investigate the feasibility of installation of two specific Ballast Water Treatment Systems, as per ship managers’ request.
During inspection, we have also performed a 3D laser scan of all selected areas, and in particular the area between the E/R fore bulkhead and the Main Engine, where the ballast pumps are located. The results of the scan were evaluated and further processed with the appropriate software tools.
Based on the results of the physical inspection as well as the laser scan output and vessels’ drawings and manuals, we have proceeded with the modeling of the selected area and equipment, investigating the available space for the selected system’s installation and developing the 3D models of the related piping and outfitting.
The final output of the engineering study is the full system and surrounding structure and outfitting 3D models and the piping isometric drawings. The major benefits for the Client, after the completion of the study, are the following:
• The certainty that the selected BWMS can be fitted in the available space
• The selection of the optimum modification of the ship’s existing piping, outfitting and structure
• The selection of the most cost efficient solution
• The Client’s ability to request accurate and lumpsum quotations from shipyards or contractors
• The possibility to perform a significant part of the installation during sea passage
Presently, ARGO NAVIS MARINE CONSULTING & ENGINEERING continuous with inspections and 3D laser scanning on-board bulk carriers and tankers.